PSDC ( Penang Skill Development Centre). Well it is not really a college anyway, as explain by the general manager of PSDC during today's orientation. Besides providing educations for SPM leavers, it also gives corporate training, to adults, hence it is a skill training center too. So, it is a college for us, a skill training centre for adults, and a 'skill development centre' for the public. So, you can call it what ever you want.
So what am I studying there? Diploma i mechatronic. Mechatronic= mechanical + electronic. get it? It is a 3 year course, upon graduation I should be able to build something like this.
haha just joking
Basically, for this semester I will have 5 subject, which are English1, English2, Engineering Mathematics, Introduction to Engineering Science, Electronic Technology A. Ya, I'm going to study all these for the next 6 months.
The course I'm studying, I think it has the most number of people, compared to the others.. I think about 80-100. Based on the length of the list. I'm in group 5.
HOw was the orientation? Just normal. Introduction of the staff, psdc, course, rules etc. then tea break ( 1st and last time free food given by psdc), and collect our textbooks. Yes we got textbooks, psdc textbook. The end. It is a super short orientation, y some orientation last for a week, some even have camp!!
oh, I got my timetable, for the 1term of the 1 semester . Basically I will have a free day every week. Total time studying for the 1 term (April- june) is 116 hours.
116 hour divided by 8 weeks = 14.5hr/week
14.5hr divided by 5 working days = 2.9hr/day
3 hour per day!! But don't so too happy Seck Houng, wait till you get ur assignments n projects!!!
1 comment:
Post a Comment