Well, it is good to release the JPA scholarship results on mother's day.
"Mum, I got a special present for you! guess how much it is worth."
" Oh, present? 1 riggit?"
" Wah, I'm not so cheapskate k! It cost me 400k !"
" 400k rupee or yen?"
" Mum..... riggit!!"
"Wah , You rob the bank arh? or kena TOTO?"
" Mum... it is JPA scholarship!"
" (shock) my good boy/girl, you are so clever! Must be my genes...hahaahaha."
There you go, the best Mother's day present for your mum. Well, if you didn't get it never mind, your mum will still love you....
About one or two week ago, while I was chatting with Yee En, we made a some sort of promise.
If I can obtain the JPA scholarship, Yee En will able to get a girlfriend too, then I will treat him and his girlfriend for a meal. If anyone of us failed, then the other will fail too.
Viewing it from a noble, better point of view: We really have a good bond among each other. Fail, fail together; win, win together. We entrusted our fates to each other.
Viewing from logical point of view: crazy, dumb. Assuming that the probability of me getting the scholarship is 0.1% and the probability for Yee En's case is 0.1%. note that we have the same probability.
Case A: {seck houng getting JPA}, 0.1%
Case B: { Yee En getting a girl friend}, 0.1%
Probability for case A and B to happen together
= Probability (A)*Probability(B)
= 0.1*0.1
=0.0001%
0.0001% ??? Strike a jackpot better la. Hahahaha.
I wonder, is Yee En realy taking actuarial science? his statitics is very bad ... mine too.
Anyway congratulation to Clarine Chan and Joanne for obtaining the scholarship.
So what can you get from their success? Join scouts, easier to obtain JPA scholarship ( Clarine is a scout, Joanne, I dunno)
Yeah, I will still be in Penang and PSDC for at least the next 3 years.
Happy mother's day.
3 comments:
Sigh...
Without my guidance nowadays, u can't even perform simple multiplication.
Let me correct it 4 u.
Let P(A) = SH obtaining scholarship, say 1/10
Let P(B) = YE Getting a gf, say 1/10
P(A) x P(B) = 1/10 x 1/10
= 1/100
= 0.01
LOL!!
aiya, seriously careless
actually the probability should be 0.01 , but later, i thought it was too low, so I change it to 0.1, but forgotten to change the answer.
haha
thanks for correcting me..55
aiya, seriously careless
actually the probability should be 0.01 , but later, i thought it was too low, so I change it to 0.1, but forgotten to change the answer.
haha
thanks for correcting me..55
Post a Comment