Went o fetch my ingredients for the serial programmer.
Here's the schematic from Extreme Electronics. India based electronics site with easy to read + detail tutorials.

Wow, this was pretty easy! Just 1 transistor, 4 resistors and 2 zener diode!
Constructed on to breadboard in no time!
Read the tutorial again, change the interface setup to serial port, double check all connections and setting!
Program !!!
Guess what, it didn't work. =.= not again!!
Ok thats it!!! that's enough, lets not touch these things and go get lunch!!***** lunch break*****
Food inspires me !!
From previous mistake, I suspected the serial cable is some kind of converter too!
A little test and PROVEN, my suspicion was right!
here's a little documentation of the cable's connection
pin1- pin1
pin2-pin3
pin3-pin2
pin4-pin6
pin5-pin5
pin6-pin4
pin7-pin8
pin8-pin7
pin9-pin9
See it is all mixed up!! No wonder my programmer can't work!!
So I just jammed all the wires on the serial port, according to the conversion done to convert it back to normal. clicked "program"
and... WAAAHHLAAAAA!!! I MADE IT!! the LED is finally blinking!!

From previous mistake, I suspected the serial cable is some kind of converter too!
A little test and PROVEN, my suspicion was right!
here's a little documentation of the cable's connection
pin1- pin1
pin2-pin3
pin3-pin2
pin4-pin6
pin5-pin5
pin6-pin4
pin7-pin8
pin8-pin7
pin9-pin9
See it is all mixed up!! No wonder my programmer can't work!!
So I just jammed all the wires on the serial port, according to the conversion done to convert it back to normal. clicked "program"
and... WAAAHHLAAAAA!!! I MADE IT!! the LED is finally blinking!!
No comments:
Post a Comment